------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Airport

The Airport.

Bloody Hell, I believe that is my new word when I am pissed off or something really impossible just happened. Like seconds I take off a mosquito patch off my shirt a mosquito bites me right in the nose. “Bloody hell” Blo e hew as I say it in the accent. I guess my new life here is taking a toll on me. I see things in a totally new perspective. I live in a town called Toyonaka, a rual town just 20 min from Osaka. Which is great cause I really don’t mind the hankyu line.
Leaving my house for the last time was like saying goodbye to everything that I have grown to be comfortable with.  Comfortable will ruin you. My house was 10 min away form my job, my job was easy, everything was cheap and I had no big issues to worry me. Time was passing me by. Before I knew it I had turned 28 and realized that being comfortable will age you to a point where one day you will wake up and say. “what the hell I am I doing”.
So I was not too effected when I left my home. My father had already went to work and we said our goodbye. Good ridden, “he probably thought to himself” for there was no emotion nor a single tear shed from his face. Either that or he has a heart of stone. Which is highly unlikely on account of I have seen him weep for a puppy that accidentally fell into the pool. The puppy was a gift from him to my mother. He stood there holding the shovel and cried simple tears. I was 12 at the time.  I guess men have their own way of expressing themselves. “good luck “ he said hugging me followed by a meaningful “ I love you”
Once it was my time to leave both my younger brothers followed me outside. I looked up at the sun and realized that this would be the last time I will see the Arizona sunset. “Don’t fuck up” I said, as I looked my 22 year old brother in the eyes. “You have a job here to do now and you know what to do, stay strong Chris and don’t fuck up”. “You know I won’t, and I promise”. Saying goodbye to him was not easy. A sudden memory struck my mind. Him 8 years old following me to the bust stop and me yelling at him to hurry up. He would walk in the corner in the street to purposely step on all the dry leaves just to hear them crunch. I have always been there to tell him to hurry up in life. But as a child and free spirited person he is, he will always go at his own paste. But I know he will make it to the bus stop regardless.
That just leaves my mother and my little brother Dominick. On the way to the airport I see the road I took to work. The thoughts I had when I would rest my head on my hands in the office say “god I wish I could just press fast forward to when I leave!”  and it was an uneasy feeling knowing I was moments away to never seeing my town again.

At the airport with my little brother and my mother it began, the travel sick. My bags were too heavy and I had to give up the things I need and pay an extra 100$. Dam you united. They should change the name to “sack o bitches”.  Before entering security I said my last goodbyes. First my mother, giving her a big hug and whispering in her ear. “I am sorry” “good luck and take care of yourself” she sobbed giving me one last tight hug.  My little brother was the last to say goodbye to. I opened my bag and pulled out a gold plated necklace in the shape of a sword. It was a usb hard drive. My little brother and I would watch a cartoon episode that the same one and always talked about it. He opened it and was surprised I believe it was the best gift I have given him. He has given me something much more. A friend to always talk to. When I was alone in my hometown he would always come up to me to show me something cool on his phone or play video games together. I gave him the gift of having an older brother to always be there no matter what. Something I never grew up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment