------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Amazing Car

A simple walk in my hometown is what I normally do on a Sunday afternoon. As I walk down the street to the McDonalds I see a white Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. This car looks fantastic not only that but the owner is washing it so proudly. I thought to myself man I really want to own this type of car someday in Japan.  I respectfully requested in my horrible Japanese if I could take a picture of his car. He smiled, said of course and stoped washing his car and somewhat hid behind the vehicle as if cleaning the tires. I only started to live here for about 6 months and I am beginning to realize that some car owners hardly even used thier cars. Anyone who lives in the city anywhere in the world understands that finding a parking spot and using your vehicle is a pain in the ass. I remember being in Tokyo and my friend pick me up in Shibuya for a night out. He desperately wanted to show his car to me but it all ended horribly when we spent 3 hours trying to find a parking spot. Next to my house there are 2 Harley Davidsons that never ever leave the parking lot. I noticed this on account of the bottom of the Harley Davidsons are showing signs of rust and the kick stands are somewhat decaying. I go in and out of my apartment for the past 6 months and not one time have I seen those vehicles moved. I say if you have the money than buy what you like and do what you want with its your property. Even though the train system is the number one type of transportation in Japan vehicles are left outside to show the status of the household. Again this is only a portion of people in Japan to do this. This is just a speculation in my area of Osaka. Do I wish to purchase a vehicle here in Osaka ? Of course at some point, but it will not be a car. I would actually like to buy a motorcycle on account of I have one back home. Suzuki 1979 I do miss her.

1 comment:

  1. Suzuki 1979 looks nice. Well, at least on Google.
    You should also consider that money in Japan is very important, and when something is expensive, people (specially japanese) consider taking A LOT of care for it.
    Nice blog, btw :D

    ReplyDelete